Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't need to be a weatherman ...

.. to know which way the wind blows.  We will disregard the metaphorical intent of Mr Dylan's ditty and instead marvel that this is the last topic raised.  Not only is the weather the most frequently discussed issue anywhere in the world but escaping Winter on the Monaro is a large part of the reason for the timing of this trip.

I am not sanguine about the prospect of fine weather.  This comes about from:
  1. my recollection of the foul climate when I was growing up in Essex (theoretically the driest part of the UK) which leads me to describe grey drizzly days as 'English weather';
  2. the frequent comments in James Heriot's TV series 'All Creatures Great and Small'  about it being a" a fine soft day"; and
  3. looking at the weather for Middlesbrough on The Weather Channel website.
However I will try to record what descends from above each day (and hopefully not grizzle too much about it).  I do however have a theory that it is the weather that leads to the stereotype of the whingeing Pom!

No comments:

Post a Comment